Meticulously transported and restored
The original structure
Formerly it was known as the Hospicio Corazón de Jesús. The property was built in 1891 by the oldest charitable institution in Guayaquil. It would be the first hospice in the city, and its founders, Manuel Galecio and his wife, Mrs. Jesús Pereira, declared that it should only give shelter to homeless, elderly or disabled men and women.
Condemned to be demolished in the 1980s, the property was acquired by the Central Bank of Ecuador and moved, piece by piece, to its current location in the Historical Park. There, it was meticulously restored along with three other heritage buildings. The Hotel del Parque staff undertook the renovation of the façade, transforming it, with great care and tenacity, from an old construction to the luxurious property of today. Designer Julio Vinueza was inspired by the property’s Republican architecture to create the sophisticated interiors.